Tom's Favorite Authors
O.K., this list is a bit generic. But these people are the big names
for a reason.
- Isaac Asimov
- He doesn't write bad books. Good characterizations as far as hard s.f.
- Arthur C. Clarke
- He also doesn't write bad books. Very hard science fiction, very well
- Ray Bradbury
- His books are different, and not all science fiction, but I've liked
them all. Some of his short stories have a very odd frame of mind to them;
similar to Edgar Allen Poe. All of his writing tends to be very poetic.
- Robert A. Heinlein
- O.K., he does write bad books. But all of his older books and short
stories are simply excellent. Just don't waste your time reading
The Number of the Beast.
- Larry Niven
- I Haven't read a lot, but so far, so good.
- Frank Herbert
- Always thought provoking, with big themes, but written so that I
don't feel bludgeoned by those themes.